"Photography for me is not looking, it's feeling. If you can't feel what you're looking at, then you're never going to get others to feel anything when they look at your pictures."
Introduction to Equine Photography: One day workshop
Dates: To be confirmed
A one day course designed specifically to get you started in horse photography. This is suited for beginners or amateur photographers who want to learn how to take great horse photos, or build a portfolio.
This workshop will cover many areas of equine photography, such as:
· camera settings and recommended lens choices for different styles of equine photography
· working with confidence around horses
· composition and posing techniques for horses
· how to work with natural light and how to make the most of any lighting situation
· how to spot good locations and backdrops for horse photography, both for portraits and action shots
· how to position horses and their owners to show their special connection
· how to tell a story through your images
· preparing a horse for a photoshoot
· grooming and presentation tips that will ensure your photos stand out
Participants will receive a horse and rider portrait, photographed by Marie
Limited to 10 participants.
Contact me for more information and to book your workshop day.
One on One Equine Photography
Dates: Available on a day to suit you
Location: At your choice of location
A bespoke, one day course designed around exactly what you'd like to achieve with your horse photography. This is for photographers with any experience level - from beginners just starting to learn, to professionals who would like to add equine photography to their portfolio - and it will be created to meet your specific requirements. I also offer a half day course, should you wish a refresher, or to focus on one or two areas of your horse photography.
The SOUL OF EQUINE PHOTOGRAPHY - a One Day Workshop
Date: To be confirmed
Location: Rural Auckland (TBA)
Learn how to capture the soul of the horse, immortalising it to create fine art equine photography. We start the day learning about the emotive aspect to equine photography, how to feel into your subject before even using your camera. We will learn how to create strong compositions, how to position horses and how to capture expression and movement to create images with impact and emotion. You’ll also discover the importance of light and background choice in your work, and how to make the most of any lighting situation. We’ll then head out on location to work with selected horses, where you’ll photograph their power and grace in a number of settings. Under my guidance you’ll create portraits, photograph the horses at liberty and incorporate some of the tricks – bowing, rearing – into your compositions.
Suitable for all levels of photographers. Limited to 5 participants.